Print Page | Close Window

User Acceptance Testing vs. Acceptance Testing

Printed From: One Stop Testing
Category: Types Of Software Testing @ OneStopTesting
Forum Name: Usability & Accessibility Testing @ OneStopTesting
Forum Discription: Discuss All that is need to be known about Usability & Accessibility Software Testing and its Tools.
URL: http://forum.onestoptesting.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1315
Printed Date: 06May2024 at 12:56pm

Topic: User Acceptance Testing vs. Acceptance Testing
Posted By: Suparna
Subject: User Acceptance Testing vs. Acceptance Testing
Date Posted: 14May2007 at 5:52am

Acceptance Testing (AT) is conducted by internal users (of the company providing the product) to ensure that the product meets customer requirements by use of scenario testing or "use-cases". It is distinct from QA testing because instead of validating technical specifications, it is validating business requirements.

User Acceptance Testing (UAT) is conducted by the end user/customer to ensure that the product meets their business needs and the application works as they intended. It is distinct from AT because it is performed from a customer perspective, and instead of validating business requirements, it is validating real world business scenarios and business needs, that the product providers cannot truly reproduce.

Is this accurate? I am in a position where people within my company do not fully understand what AT is and why it is needed, so I need to educate and guide them on this matter.

Print Page | Close Window