Print Page | Close Window

COM objects testing automation tools

Printed From: One Stop Testing
Category: Types Of Software Testing @ OneStopTesting
Forum Name: Microsoft .Net Testing @ OneStopTesting
Forum Discription: Discuss All that is need to be known about Microsoft .Net Testing and its Tools.
URL: http://forum.onestoptesting.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1102
Printed Date: 08May2024 at 4:09pm

Topic: COM objects testing automation tools
Posted By: Rana_88
Subject: COM objects testing automation tools
Date Posted: 29Apr2007 at 11:46pm
Hi,
I am testing COM objects components and controls which are developed and used in VB.net. I wish to automate the testing. I am eager to know which tool can help do this?
Please give your views/suggestions.

Replies:
Posted By: Tushar_002
Date Posted: 30Apr2007 at 1:36am
We are currently looking for a tool that tests the same kind of application that you have.

We are still researching, but some of the tools that we have found that are tailored for

.NET programs are:
1. TestComplete 3 from Automatedqa
2. TestPartner from Compuware is currently in Beta and should be out soon they are fully

.NET compliant and look promising
3. QuickTest from Mecury are also touting that they are .NET compliant with the use of a

plug in
4. I have heard that SilkTest 6 is in beta release and should be out soon that is also .net

compliant

Out of the list above we have only as yet tested TestComplete 3, that mapped all of our

objects comprehensively and it allowed us to access all methods and variables. However the

program is not as polished or as efficient as some of the other programs in the list. We

will be trialling the programs from Mercury and Compuware soon so I will keep you posted.

Print Page | Close Window