Print Page | Close Window

Killing application if test case fails

Printed From: One Stop Testing
Category: Testing Tools @ OneStopTesting
Forum Name: SilkTest @ OneStopTesting
Forum Discription: SilkTest is an automation tool for testing the functionality of enterprise applications in most versions of Windows, Sun Solaris 9 & 10, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS 2.1 & 3.0.
URL: http://forum.onestoptesting.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=411
Printed Date: 25Jun2024 at 8:07pm

Topic: Killing application if test case fails
Posted By: jack45
Subject: Killing application if test case fails
Date Posted: 31Mar2007 at 4:04am
Hi, I'm testing a windows application on both Win XP and Vista. If the test case fails, I want to kill the application, so that the next test case can start again. The application I'm testing is very complex and has too many windows and confirmation dialog boxes, so I can't cater for every scenario of closing the application to return it back to the Default Base State. Easier to just kill the application.

I'm using the command line "TASKKILL". It works, but after a while of killing the application I get:

"*** Error: Unable to start kill.bat. The system detected a possible attempt to compromise security..."

I don't think it's a permissions issue, cos it works fine and then after I have killed the application a few times, I get this error.

Can anyone suggest another way of killing the application, or has access to a kill executable file that will do the trick on Win XP and Vista?

Replies:
Posted By: jack45
Date Posted: 31Mar2007 at 4:22am
try

TASKKILL /IM abc.exe option

I am using same. It works for me

Print Page | Close Window