Print Page | Close Window

Testing Email web application

Printed From: One Stop Testing
Category: Types Of Software Testing @ OneStopTesting
Forum Name: Web Testing @ OneStopTesting
Forum Discription: Discuss All that is need to be known about Web Testing and its Tools.
URL: http://forum.onestoptesting.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1152
Printed Date: 06Jun2024 at 6:35am

Topic: Testing Email web application
Posted By: Nisha321
Subject: Testing Email web application
Date Posted: 02May2007 at 12:16am
Hi there.

I'm going to be testing an email web application in the coming weeks, my test cases only represent functional - user end testing,

Obviously there's more to testing a mail application, which I will not be covering in my testing - but I would like to point out these points in my test plan - under the section 'Aspects not being tested' I would like to highlight these as risks.

Can someone tell what other considerations I should mention or at least be thinking of.

Replies:
Posted By: Udipti_89
Date Posted: 02May2007 at 2:13am
What about performance aspects? You say you are just testing functional, which means you

are probably not testing the overall performance, such as checking how much mail traffic

the SMTP/POP3 server can take. If that is the case, that might be something to mention that

you are not doing.

Strictly, it is hard to say without knowing more about the Web application. For example,

does it accept control codes? Does it allow for HTML formatted messages? As you say, there

are a lot of things you can test with e-mail applications but a lot of it depends on what

the application is supposed to do in the first place.

Print Page | Close Window