Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

One Stop Testing ForumTesting Jobs @ OneStopTestingTesting Interview Questions & Placement Papers

Message Icon Topic: SATYAM PAPER & INTERVIEW PATTERN-16 FEB 2008

Post Reply Post New Topic
ashwini_123

Online Status: Offline
Quote ashwini_123 Replybullet Topic: SATYAM PAPER & INTERVIEW PATTERN-16 FEB 2008
    Posted: 03Mar2008 at 2:02am
pattern 1

In Written test the questions are 15 and duration is 30 min. the aptitude questions are easier than logical reasoning.
Topics to be learnt:
1. Probability
2. Time & work
3. Pyramids
4. Simple interest & compound interest
5. Profit & loss
6. Paragraph conclusions
7. Data sufficiency
9. Logical reasoning
10. Blood relations.
11. Ages.

NOTE: There is 1/4th negative marking in written test. It doesn't have sectional cutoff but it has both lower cutoff & higher cutoff, for us it was around 7 (lower). The questions were entirely different 4m those earlier papers posted here, so make sure that u r well prepared. The questions were very lengthy. Time management is very important!!!!! I was able to attempt hardly 8 qns. But however I got through.

TECH/HR interview:
It was nearly 6pm in the evening when my turn came!!! It was very exhausting to wait for such a long time. I entered the room, praying to all kinds of Gods I knew.
HR: What is your name?
Me: Bharath, sir.
Hr: So, where do we start? Bharath.
Me: (confidently) Where ever you like! Sir (with a big smile).
Hr: So tell me wat Technical courses you did during these years?
Me: I told him C & C++. http://www.ChetanaS.org
Hr: C? interesting, then write a program for calculating the Compound interest.(He gave the reqd data).
Me: Surely sir.(I rememberd only the formula which I had studied the day before, Luckily) I wrote the pgm and showed to him.
Hr: Oh, you done with it? Let me see.(I showed the paper)
Me: Explained the logic & most importantly I WAS VERY CONFIDENT!!
Hr: Your interview is over, you can go!!
Me: (Shocked) Sir, I have some questions for you..
Hr: No, I'll clarify later, you please leave.

I thanked him and left, in confusion and uncertainty. I told all my friends that I am gone. So, the results were to be announced in short time, finally the Satyam associate came over to the dias of the hall, it was 8 pm already. She started announcing the results according to the college. MY NAME WAS ANNOUNCED FIRST FROM OUR COLLEGE. FINALLY I WAS SELECTED, I REALISED LATER THAT IT WAS MY CONFIDENCE THAT GOT ME THROUGH..

SO THE KEY IS CONFIDENCE, accordin to me. Be confident and win the race..

pattern 2

The recruitment process are of 2 stages
1. Written
2. Interview

In written test the questions are 15 and duration is 30 min. the aptitude questions are easier than logical reasoning.

Topics
1.probability(1ques)
2.time & work (2 ques)
3.c programming (1 ques)
4.Series (1 ques)
5.simple interest & compound interest (1 ques)
6.profit & loss (1ques)
7.percentage (1ques)
8.paragraph conclusions (3 ques)
9 Data sufficiency (1ques)
10 logical reasoning (3 ques)

There is 1/4th negative marking in written test. It doesn't have sectional cutoff but it have both lower cutoff. And higher cutoff, so we should concentrate on these cutoff. In my point of view the best cutoff is 6-10. it may varies with different papers.

the questions were entirely different 4m the earlier year which had been posted here, so make sure that u r well prepared. We got shocked after looking the paper but any how we got through

Written:
1.  Aptitude
2.  Logical and reasoning

Ques: 1) a retailer increases the marked price by 25% nd giving discount of 12% so how much profit he ll get
  a..12%     b.20%    c.10%  d.  30%  e.none of these

Ques: 2)  there are 12 marbles, 11 marbles are having the same weight 1 marbles is less or high. in how many weighing u ll find out the  result
a: 3   b: 4   c: 6    d: 7

Ques: 3)  A  can do a work alone in 8 days, nd can do together wd B in 6 days so how many days b can do the same work
http://www.ChetanaS.org
ques: 4) if rs 2000 amounts is given, find the compound intrest, if the rate is 10% nd duration 2yr 8month

Ques: 5)  T=2
again: T1=T1*1000
      T2=T+2
       T3=T2*4
    T4=T3+7
     T5=T4*2
     print T1+T2+T3+T4+Tt5
    if T<3
       goto again

Ques: 6) series 110, 120  243  255 ?

Ques: 7) time nd workk simple 1

rest ques was 4m the passage nd logical reasonig

Ques: 12) murderer is worst than crime, crime is worst than theif nd ans was give quite confuisng

INTERVIEW:
My interview was of only 6 minutes

1: introduce urself
and he stoped me when i told my native and aftr some time he told me to start 4m the point wer u stop
i 4get eventhough i started confidently with few points

2:Tell me about LVDT displacemnt sensor
it was my mini project i ans it in simple manner

3: He asked strength and weakness

ALL THE BEST

Post Resume: Click here to Upload your Resume & Apply for Jobs

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version