Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

One Stop Testing ForumTesting Tools @ OneStopTestingTestDirector @ OneStopTesting

Message Icon Topic: Frequently asked Questions on Test Director

Post Reply Post New Topic
vidhya

Online Status: Offline
Quote vidhya Replybullet Topic: Frequently asked Questions on Test Director
    Posted: 26Mar2007 at 9:04pm

Test Plan

1. If I update an existing test in Test Plan, do I also need to update the test in Test Lab?

No, you don�t need to update the test in Test Lab. The changes will carry through to the test in the Test Lab.  

However, if you�re running a test in Test Lab and decide to make some changes to the test,  upon closing out of the test, you will be prompted if you want to save the changes to the test (in Test Plan). If you choose no, the changes will only appear in the specific test that you had run when you made the change.

2. How do I print off a checklist of my tests?

• To print off a list of your tests (excluding steps), go to the view menu under the Test Plan tab.
  • Select test grid. You'll need to set up the screen to display the data you want.  This is acheived by using the filter and select columns buttons.
  • When the screen is displaying what you want, then with the mouse right click anywhere on the test grid and use the save as Excel option to save the test list.
  • Open the file in Excel which may cause the import wizard to appear. If that happens, select the defaults.
  • Print the file in Excel

3. How do I print off my tests including the test steps?

• First, make sure you close your WORD application and any WORD documents
  • Click on the Test Director's "Tools" button and select "Document Generator". A document generator window opens.
  • From the window's favorite droplist, select the document that you need. Make sure the document is appearing in the favorite field before the next step.
  • Click on "Full Document" button. Upon selecting the button, Test Director will begin generating your report in WORD. When the processing is completed, a word document will appear on the screen.

Test Lab

1. If I did not run a specific test in a test set, do I need to update anything in Test Director?

If you didn�t run a test, you do not need to document anything. The fact that a test was not run is noted by the absence of a run date. 

Whenever you run a test, a record of that test is created. So, if you ran a test five times, the test  will have five separate run dates.  

2. How can I view all the test runs for a specific test in a test set?

First, locate the test in the test set. By double clicking anywhere in the row of the test in the execution grid, another screen appears where the run history for the test is displayed.

MBA Examination papers

Post Resume: Click here to Upload your Resume & Apply for Jobs

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version