Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

One Stop Testing ForumTypes Of Software Testing @ OneStopTestingMicrosoft .Net Testing @ OneStopTesting

Message Icon Topic: COM objects testing automation tools

Post Reply Post New Topic
Rana_88

Online Status: Offline
Quote Rana_88 Replybullet Topic: COM objects testing automation tools
    Posted: 29Apr2007 at 11:46pm
Hi,
I am testing COM objects components and controls which are developed and used in VB.net. I wish to automate the testing. I am eager to know which tool can help do this?
Please give your views/suggestions.

Post Resume: Click here to Upload your Resume & Apply for Jobs

IP IP Logged
Tushar_002

Online Status: Offline
Quote Tushar_002 Replybullet Posted: 30Apr2007 at 1:36am
We are currently looking for a tool that tests the same kind of application that you have.

We are still researching, but some of the tools that we have found that are tailored for

.NET programs are:
1. TestComplete 3 from Automatedqa
2. TestPartner from Compuware is currently in Beta and should be out soon they are fully

.NET compliant and look promising
3. QuickTest from Mecury are also touting that they are .NET compliant with the use of a

plug in
4. I have heard that SilkTest 6 is in beta release and should be out soon that is also .net

compliant

Out of the list above we have only as yet tested TestComplete 3, that mapped all of our

objects comprehensively and it allowed us to access all methods and variables. However the

program is not as polished or as efficient as some of the other programs in the list. We

will be trialling the programs from Mercury and Compuware soon so I will keep you posted.

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version