Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

One Stop Testing ForumQueries @ OneStopTestingQueries @ OneStopTesting

Message Icon Topic: I have to test import export functionality.

Post Reply Post New Topic
navinkdas

Online Status: Offline
Quote navinkdas Replybullet Topic: I have to test import export functionality.
    Posted: 02Feb2009 at 2:36am

Description : - There is a page which contains a list of product. For exporting products I have to select the products(checkbox before the name of the product.) and click on the link export products. A Xml file is created which contains the total products with details of each product(I opened the Xml file to check what it contains. Just curious).The exported product are still displayed in the list until you delete them.For importing products I have to click on import products link. A pop up opens which asks me to browse the path of the Xml file. After that i click on submit. The products are displayed in the product list.

Test Cases Executed.

1. I tried to export without selecting products and after that i executed import functionality(Empty Xml File).No products are displayed in the products list.(Ok)

2. I tried to export with a few products after that i executed import functionality.Imported products are displayed in the list(Ok).

3. I deleted the exported products from the list and i executed import functionality.Imported products are displayed in the list(Ok).

4. I imported from different xml files.Imported products are displayed in the list(Ok).

5. After importing products i checked by editing the products whether imported products contains correct details.Imported product contains correct details.(OK)

6. I imported from the same xml file few time. Duplicate products are added but different product no(unique).(OK)

I tested in WindowsXp environment.Browser used is Mozzila firefox version3.0.5.It is a web application.

Please suggest me more test cases. What do you feel about my test cases? Means they are worst,average, good. I have gone to customer location once and after seeing them i came to the conclusion that only i have to execute one test case. Just export and import. That's all. But from a tester point a view i am not satisfied after executing these 6 test cases. I also need your suggestion on this point a view also. If any body feel i am lagging somewhere suggest me the areas i should improve.Also tell me the references so that i can improve by reading it. Thanks.

One more think how would i reply you if i have additional questions?

Post Resume: Click here to Upload your Resume & Apply for Jobs

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version