Print Page | Close Window

You find a bug and the developer says “It’s not...

Printed From: One Stop Testing
Category: Software Testing @ OneStopTesting
Forum Name: Bug Report @ OneStopTesting
Forum Discription: After Creating the Test Plan, Writing the Test Cases and using them, Finally We need to generate those Bug Reports which Proves that Testers are Good enough & most importantly Indispensable.
URL: http://forum.onestoptesting.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3057
Printed Date: 09May2024 at 11:38pm

Topic: You find a bug and the developer says “It’s not...
Posted By: tanushree
Subject: You find a bug and the developer says “It’s not...
Date Posted: 19Oct2007 at 11:48pm
You find a bug and the developer says “It’s not possible” what do u do?

I’ll discuss with him under what conditions (working environment) the bug was produced. I’ll provide him with more details and the snapshot of the bug.

Replies:
Posted By: Fredri
Date Posted: 13Aug2008 at 1:56am

1. Notedown the Bug id with snapshot

2. Check the Version
3. Check the flow which i present the bug
4. Check wit the developer along with Snapshot
5. Check the Testing Database

Posted By: getzephyr
Date Posted: 13Aug2008 at 4:42am
I think its better to explain details about the bug and snapshot.

-------------

Posted By: anoopvdk
Date Posted: 20Aug2008 at 2:51am
In the Bug Report  I have entered the full details about the bug including testing environment, How to reproduce the bug etc.  with snapshot if possible.
After that Developer says same like above, I check the Developers environment and try to reproduce it in Developer' environment. If I cant do it then I test it again in Testing environment and closed the bug if there is no such bug exist.

-------------
Anoos

Posted By: YogeshKumar
Date Posted: 20Jan2009 at 6:08am

In this condition the " Test Data " matters a lot.

1. For u r confirmation do the same tests recording / writing down the  Browser inputs / data inputs in word doc.
2. If you still see the same error in the build.
3. Pass this to developer with the Test Data / Test Inputs u prepared.
4. Then still if Developer does not agree with this, You Try the same with his local system enabling debugger, hope u find the same error.

Posted By: swargam_pinky
Date Posted: 12Feb2009 at 12:20am
Hi,
If the bug is not reproduced at the developers end, "Test Data" plays a very imp role here. Prepare a document with the test data/ data inputs and see if u get the same error. If continues, reproduce the document that u prepared to the developer. If he still not agrees on that, try in his local system.

-------------
GOOD LUCK!

Posted By: krishnajihere
Date Posted: 13Feb2009 at 11:01am
there could be 2 possible options:
1) You are correct
2) developer is correct.
If you are correct, you still need to recheck. You could do this checking after checking the database & network connectivity, check if error is recurring or occurs only once, confirm the version & other details, take the snapshot and ask an explanation of this from the developer. If the developer still feels he is correct, you could escalate to your Test Lead, who will deal with this matter further.

If the developer is correct(after all we are humans too Tongue, better apologize

Posted By: tossy
Date Posted: 17Feb2009 at 4:44am
I will try to explain him with details, if he agree then fine, otherwise I will check it once again and will provide all the details and snapshot of the bug. 

-------------

Print Page | Close Window