Print Page | Close Window

Multiple or Single Requirements Document?

Printed From: One Stop Testing
Category: Quality Assurance @ OneStopTesting
Forum Name: Requirements and Design Documents @ OneStopTesting
Forum Discription: All those Artifacts generated in Requirement and Design Phases like Use Cases, SRS, Functional & Non-Functional Specefications, Check Lists, Design Documentations etc.
URL: http://forum.onestoptesting.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1282
Printed Date: 10May2024 at 8:06pm

Topic: Multiple or Single Requirements Document?
Posted By: Romila_luv
Subject: Multiple or Single Requirements Document?
Date Posted: 07May2007 at 4:04am
I like to have a single requirements document if at all possible, but how you collect the requirements and who the requirements document is for will often determine the number of documents that get produced.

I do like to have workshops to begin the process of requirements gathering. If you have marketing, technical, business, etc. people all in a room then you can usually pull out all of the main requirements. That, of course, is just the start, but you have, at least, the headings and then you can determine how many documents you need (with the default being 1). The document is then written by all the stakeholders in the project as a joint effort. I would normally call this the "Project Requirements" document.

If the project is being developed by more than one supplier (as with a couple of projects I am involved in), then the requirements document is part of the contract with the supplier and usually there will be separate requirements documents for each supplier because of that.

Print Page | Close Window