Print Page | Close Window

Preparing an Estimate need some help.

Printed From: One Stop Testing
Category: Quality Assurance @ OneStopTesting
Forum Name: Estimation and Planning
Forum Discription: Estimation and Planning are two of the most integral components of product development process.Proper planning prevents a project deviate from its desired goals.
URL: http://forum.onestoptesting.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1029
Printed Date: 16Jun2024 at 3:35am

Topic: Preparing an Estimate need some help.
Posted By: Anshula
Subject: Preparing an Estimate need some help.
Date Posted: 27Apr2007 at 1:40am
Ok will try and make this short and concise. I am Senior in my team. Came in this morning see an email from my manager telling me to prepare the budget for the 3 and 4 quarters for him. He is out in the west coast somewhere will be back on Thursday and wants to see it. He is new (part of a reorg)and not very approachable. I have never done a budget before have no idea what is involved. I have some idea of what projects are coming down the pipeline. We have 5 testers including me in our team here and 3 offsite in India. I am guessing I have to put resource estimates, estimates for new servers etc. Can I get some help on this as I am clueless and there is not much help I can get here and noone seems to know where I could find any old budget. Can I get some pointers on what I need to put in here? Do I do this as na excel spreadsheet? What are the thing I put in the estimate what do I need to justify?

Print Page | Close Window