Print Page | Close Window

Keyword Driven Automation Testing

Printed From: One Stop Testing
Category: Testing Tools @ OneStopTesting
Forum Name: SilkTest @ OneStopTesting
Forum Discription: SilkTest is an automation tool for testing the functionality of enterprise applications in most versions of Windows, Sun Solaris 9 & 10, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS 2.1 & 3.0.
URL: http://forum.onestoptesting.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=407
Printed Date: 13Jun2024 at 1:26am

Topic: Keyword Driven Automation Testing
Posted By: jack45
Subject: Keyword Driven Automation Testing
Date Posted: 31Mar2007 at 3:54am
I know there is a Framework out there for Winrunner, called WRAFS, but does anyone know if there is a Silktest equivelant already built? Our team has been asked to research the ability for this type of automation with Silktest. I know it can be done, but I really don't want to have to reinvent the wheel if I don't have to. And if there are no responses would anyone out there want to partake in helping build a Silktest version of this which would be Silktest dependent, and application independant.

Thanks for your time.

Replies:
Posted By: jack45
Date Posted: 31Mar2007 at 4:29am
Actually there's no reason to create anything specific for keyword-driven testing in SilkTest.

SilkTest has such operator like ArgListCall which call any function by its name and with parameters passed as the list. So you just need to create frame with required methods, functions. Then you need to bind some data table in specific format to read keywords from and just organize engine which will read keywords from the table and use ArgListCall for required functions.

So, the most essention part of keyword-driven engine is already avaliable. Other things ( windows, functions, methods ) are application-specific and you need just to implement them.

Print Page | Close Window