Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

One Stop Testing ForumTypes Of Software Testing @ OneStopTestingUnit Testing @ OneStopTesting

Message Icon Topic: Characteristics of Unit Testing

Post Reply Post New Topic
Urmila

Online Status: Offline
Quote Urmila Replybullet Topic: Characteristics of Unit Testing
    Posted: 24Apr2007 at 3:23am
To the best of my knowledge,

1. Unit testing is a categorized under white box testing
2. It is performed, in some cases, during the coding phase itself by the developers, or at the Alpha stage of the SDLC cycle.
3. Requires having a good knowledge of the internal code, how it works, the type of code (C, Java, C++, VB, etc)
4. There are unit testing development kits available freely over the Net, like JUnit, HTTPUnit, etc. as well for .NET architectures as well.
5. It involves developing test plans and test cases

Now, my questions are such:

1. In the real world, what would be a situation or environment where you would be asked to perform Unit testing? That is, if I were to be selected as a Unit tester, with the programming languages implemented in the AUT (Application Under Test) being Java / C++, how would I need to approach the testing process? Can you give me some kind of a scenario, few of the initial steps followed?

2. What areas would you think that an interviewer would try to apply more emphasis on to view if I were a suitable fit as a Unit tester for his/her organization? You may misunderstand this as I am asking for questions for white-box testing, but no, I want to go more in depth here, like the critical criteria truly involved with such a important area of testing like Unit testing.

Can any of you guys throw some light on this topic? I would really appreciate it.

Post Resume: Click here to Upload your Resume & Apply for Jobs

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version