Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

One Stop Testing ForumTypes Of Software Testing @ OneStopTestingAutomated Testing @ OneStopTesting

Message Icon Topic: A brief introduction on mobile device testing. - 2

Post Reply Post New Topic
shakthi

Online Status: Offline
Quote shakthi Replybullet Topic: A brief introduction on mobile device testing. - 2
    Posted: 03Apr2007 at 9:28pm
A brief introduction on mobile device testing. - 2

R&D test is the main test phase for mobile device, and it happens during the developing phase of the mobile devices. Usually, as same as software testing, we will also have some main test phase, such as unit test, feature test, integration test, system test, and field test. But the object of these testing is not limited within software. As you know, each of the mobile devices is a small system, just like a PC, and it is made up of hardware system, software structure, and also the mechanical design. So our test should cover all of the components. That means, our R&D test will contains HW testing, SW testing, and Mechanical testing. Meanwhile, every test phase will also contain every kinds of test, such as basic function test, performance test, interaction test, interoperation test, boundary test, stress test, and so on.

A brief introduction on mobile device testing. - 3

Firstly, as a communicate equipment, there are many standards made for the mobile devices. We must do many related test to ensure the mobile products meet the requirements of the standards. I will introduce the standards in detail later. Normally, the HW test contains RF testing, EMC testing, Antenna testing, Safety and Health testing, Audio testing, I/O connector testing, Power consumption testing, and Accessory testing. Here, I will give out a brief object of every test topic. And later, I will try to explain them with more detailed information.

Post Resume: Click here to Upload your Resume & Apply for Jobs

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version