Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

One Stop Testing ForumTypes Of Software Testing @ OneStopTestingMobile, PDAs & Embedded Systems Testing @ OneStopTesting

Message Icon Topic: software testing framework for PDA application

Post Reply Post New Topic
kamal_06

Online Status: Offline
Quote kamal_06 Replybullet Topic: software testing framework for PDA application
    Posted: 03May2007 at 10:02pm
So let me see if I have this correctly. I am really trying to get my mind around this.
Our process is this:
Marketing creates a Marketing Document (MD) that lists the new features of our next release. Let us say, in this exercise, it is to support a certain make and model of an external sensor - a newly released, enhanced model.
Engineering reviews the MD and will determine how they will write the code to support this new model, while continuing to support the other, older models. They issue an Engineering Document (ED), and begin coding.
They code and test their code manually with the new sensor at their desk and outside in the parking lot to insure communication and correct results.

So the Software Testing Framework would encompass the context of QA Testing, while the Test Plan would be the content. The Framework would be the administrative Policy that applies to all of QA Testing - where as the test plan could change for every new release, depending on the new features or routines being introduced.

With that in mind, would I be correct in thinking thusly (vis a vis your model above):

- Processes of Test in various phase of a project such as:
Requirements review and verifications
QA would review the MD and ED to insure we have the right resources to test the new release – people, equipment, time,.
Design review and Verification
Review the MD and ED and insure the expected results can be tested for with the resources available.
Test Planning (Test Plan, Test cases, Scenarios, Procedures and scripts)
Develop plan to test new features –include cases, scenarios and expected results; also develop plan to test legacy sensors and routines to insure no new defects were introduced.
Test Execution
Execute and document plan and results, note defects in new routines and legacy drivers and routines.
Defect Reporting
Report defects, insure re-tests of defects are docuemented; report to engineering.

- Phases of Testing that should/may take place
- Metrics that will be developed
Determine metrics that can be sued to quantify the test results.
- Defect Tracking Process
Track and re-test defects found.
- Test Team deliverables/artifacts
Maintain test results for review.

While the Test Plan may vary, the Testing Framework should remain the same.

Post Resume: Click here to Upload your Resume & Apply for Jobs

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version